Monday, March 3, 2008

A Public Denouncement...

Of Math. What the hell is it anyways, a bunch of numbers, once you get past counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and deviding it becomes nothing more than made up bullcrap. Once you throw letters in there it's nothing more than theories. So why do I suck at math? BECAUSE IT ISN'T GODDAMN REAL!!! Why can I do well in history, because that stuff actually happend, while math has a tendency to change just about every few minutes. There's more than one way to do just about every problem out there, creating a vast array of answers and only one is right. Well screw that! You know what's also flawed about math? Why the hell are Tests and Quizes worth 80% of our grades, that's total crap! Not everyone's good at tests and in no way can one test show your understanding of the "Concepts" you just learned about. Not to mention it's total shit that they think now a days in the real world you won't have any access to a calculator or "simple" equations. DAMN IT!

Why this sudden outburst of rage? well here's the deal, Tests already screwed me over and we had another one today, where I first get stuck with the No Calculator section. By the time I'm done with that there had to be no more than 15 minutes left in class. So I go up to get the calculator part. And looky here, I get 3 problems finished and almost done with a fourth when the bell rings. So I'm stuck turning in a test that wasn't even half finished, and I know I wasn't the only one. But I swear to god, if Livergood grades them as is, god knows what I'll do, but I promise you it won't be pretty.

No comments: