Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No better way...

To sleep...  In the midst of my unrest, and seemingly inability to find some peace in my room, I finally ventured outside to sleep on the hammock (surprise mom and dad!)  It was like past midnight and I didn't want to wake them, so I finally said to myself... just take a chance, and I did.  It's so much better to sleep out there than in my room, my room is to cramped up, I can't get past those walls, and the music only clouds my thoughts...  When I'd go outside it was quiet, peaceful, and there was that great feeling in not being cramped in, I wasn't trapped, there were no walls, it all went on forever.  Sure, the same thought that occupied my head in my room carried over, but it's much healthier to think about them in such a calm environment.  And the stars we just great last night, the Big Dipper lined up perfect with the tree line, and I'm pretty sure I could see the milky way.  The only downside is being waken by the sun, and having to walk back the house, barefoot, in the cold, dewy grass at like 6:30.  Totally worth it.  Honestly if it's night time, and you can't sleep for one reason or another, take my word for it, grab a sleeping bag and go outside, it'll probably be one best ways to help clear your head...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do that just about every night from now on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No surprise on this end. I even said "seeya" as I was leaving for work.

Kevin Cole said...

yeah, I figured when the back door was unlocked.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kevin...God made those stars just for you. No wonder they make you feel good.
"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:3,4

Isn't it amazing? He created those wonderful stars, but he cares about you (one of many)as if you were the only one here.

I care about you, too!
Love, Mom