Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The End


Not of this blog, but as a prominent driving force in it, Scrubs.

Tonight was the last episode of the season (and hopefully the series, it needs to end on that note). The ending of course was brilliant, and I teared up at numerous point. To put things into the words of my wonderful girlfriend Hillary, who joined me for the final episode, "I thought I was going to have to be the man and wipe away your tears." Dr. Cox's confession of how he actually felt about JD really got to me. And then in the very end we had an absolutely brilliant look into the future.

JD's left Sacred Heart, and I'm not going to rant about how the possibility of another season annoys me, but instead I'm going to rave about my love for Scrubs.

You know I visited the set, this show gave me the most relatable character in JD that I've ever found on TV. Scrubs has been there to cheer me up when I was down, and just make me even happier when I was already there. I'd tune into it and somehow the episode that aired would give me the advise I needed. Scrubs has truly been a gift in my life. I've laughed, I've cried. TV show's never make me cry, with this beautiful exception. I love Scrubs, thank you so much Bill Lawrence for creating these characters. So eight wonderful seasons later, it's seemingly over. I've commented on how I've missed shows from the past, but this one will stand out above the rest.
Goodbye Sacred Heart, I will never forget you!

No comments: