Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Accepted...

I missed this movie when it was in theaters, but that's my parents fault "blah blah blah... PG-13" I was probably 14 when it came out! I'm just glad I don't have that problem anymore.

Anyway, I never expected this movie to be nearly as good as it was. MAC's in it and so's Jonah Hill, and he had a big role, but wasn't really recognized for it, it was probably one of his first movies, but if you compare him then to now, man he's lost weight... But enough about Jonah Hill...

Accepted centers around Mac (that's what I'm calling him because he's the guy who plays the mac in the mac ads, plus the characters first name is something like bumburklebee) who gets rejected from every college he applies to. So in response to his own failure, makes up a college, the South Harmon Institute of Technology (SHIT for short). It's hailed as the Animal House of our generation (but I personally like Animal House more, that's just the way I am) but I did catch the occaisional homage to Animal House in Accepted. It's really funny, and clever, and has a surprisingly heartwarming ending. I liked it a lot, and a big thanks to Tori for recomending it.

Here's a trailer...



So I apparently got all A's this past term... 100%, 90%, 90%, 97%. I don't know how the hell it happened, but you take what you can get.

No comments: