Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What the hell did I watch last night!?!

Okay, so yeaterday I pick up 3 movies from the Thrift Store on Main Street... They included, Total Recall, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, and an odd David Cronenburg film called Naked Lunch...

Okay, so I watched Naked Lunch last night, expecting one of those really bizzare sci-fi movies I tend to get pulled into. Unfortunatly I got an extremely bizzare sci-fi movie that just didn't pull me in, I think it was because the main character just seemed to accept everything that happened, there wasn't much suspense, and I tend to get more pulled in when the person fights back against the bizzare reality, but that never really happened. To give you an idea of what I got into, here's the IMDB plot summary...

Exterminator Bill Lee finds himself following his wife into an addiction to the
bug powder he uses. After accidentally killing her, he descends into a
hallucinatory existence in which he imagines himself a secret agent answering to
a series of bizarre creatures. He channels his energies into writing "reports"
on his delusional mission, while trying to break his addiction. The story
loosely reflects events in the life of author Burroughs as he wrote the novel.

So yeah, I don't really think I can recomend this one, it's just far to out there. I'm going to put this on a re-visit later list, maybe I'll like it more if I watch it in a few months but for now, it's just to out there. Here's the trailer...






On another note, today's yet another free summer day, and I don't know what to do with it... I ordered a 50 ft. Ethernet cable yesterday so I can finally get internet on my iMac without bringing it downstairs, but that won't come in the mail today (I'm hoping friday maybe). But if anyone has an idea for what to do today let me post a Beatles song below that may give you instructions on what to do...

Yeah... so if anyone wants to hang out or something give me a call. (oh and this doesn't apply for just today, you can allow it to work for the majority of the summer).

No comments: