Friday, June 13, 2008

Night At The Roxbury

The OTHER movie I bought at Wal-Mart 2 days ago.

For those who don't know "A Night At The Roxbury" is the Will Ferrell/Chris Kattan movie that takes the 3 minute SNL sketch with the 2 of them and Jim Carrey at various night clubs just doing this goofy dance where they bob their heads from left to right. The movie takes the funny but essentially plot-less sketch and turns it into a full hour and 20 minute movie, and loses Jim Carrey somewhere in the mix (although at one point they do make fun of his absense). The movie puts Farrell and Kattan as brothers, who work at their fathers fake flower shop by day and go club hopping by night. They become determined to get into the roxbury and achieve their dream of starting their own night club. The film takes some serious turns at times, and kind of makes it less funny at parts, and a little more awkward. I enjoyed it, but in contrast, I'd have to say Hot Rod was much Funnier and more enjoyable. Although any fan of Will Ferrell should probably check this out, I can't promise you'll enjoy the movie, but I'm sure you'll like it to some degree.

Now enjoy this low quality trailer...



I'm not sure what I'm going to watch tonight, I have to go to Emily Perpers grad party which apparently lasts from 4-11. I may watch "Talk To Me" we'll see what I do...

No comments: