Friday, June 20, 2008

I don't go Ka-Frickin'-Boom!

Get Smart
One word... Hilarious,  I don't care who you are this movie is great.  A pleasant departure from the usual seriousness of spy movies.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  It's a great movie and you won't be disappointed.  I really don't feel like giving a detailed plot synopsis, so just watch this trailer and trust me when I say you will love Get Smart... a fantastic revival.



Total Recall
Ah-nuld plays an average man in the future who turns out to be a spy, who turns out to not be... Look, it's confusing and I'm sure I missed at least 15 minutes due to sleep... that's what I get for starting a 2 hour movie at 11:30.  plus, I can't take Ah-nuld seriously,  I just can't, which made it funny, but go see Get Smart instead.




So that's the past two days of movies... PLEASE DON'T see Love Guru, just don't...   I'm on my mac, and in my room right now... it's wild!  So yeah, I saw Get Smart today with Travis Brad and Tori, and we had a swell time, during that time Mom was kind enough to pick up "We Were Here" by Joshua Radin at Best buy today and it's really good.  My breakfasts have gotten depressing, as I've run out of quick breakfasts that don't require a lot of work, so I've been snacking on Smoked Bacon Pringles until lunch time...

Now I picked up a book called "A Thousand Paths to Tranquillity" at mom's store the other day, it's really a small coffee table book, but it's got a lot of good stuff in it, they're just like short quotes, but it always seems to help me calm down when I'm feeling stressed, or freaking out for one reason or another, so I think I'm going to start closing my posts with such quotes, because who knows, maybe they'll help some one out some time.  This one I find to be particularly true...
A quiet mind is the best cure for a low mood.- 1000 paths to Tranquility

I've found that lately when I'm stress, or feeling down for one reason or another, it really helps that I take a walk, clear my head, and maybe come to a revelation or two, and in the process end up making things seem much better than they did before.

Until tomorrow, good night and good luck!

1 comment:

Margie said...

Seriously....smoked bacon Pringles? Can I just say - gross on so many levels!!! Glad you liked the movie. Always nice when you spend real cash to actually catch a flick in the theater and it's worth it.

I am snuggling a wiggly puppy. Nothing better than that!